Antoni Gaudí made two pulpits for the church of Santa Maria in Blanes, commissioned by journalist Joaquim Casas, brother of the famous Modernista painter Ramon Casas. Gaudí designed two hexagonal pulpits decorated in accordance with their location in the church. The pulpit on the Gospel side bore the names of the four Evangelists and the dove of the sacred spirit. The other on the Epistle side incorporated the name of the four Apostles who wrote the epistles and representations of the theological virtues, and the fire of Pentecost. Both pulpits disappeared in a fire at the church when the Spanish Civil War broke out in July 1936.